Babette Rothschild will be presenting this workshop in Melbourne only! This will be the final time Babette will present this workshop in Australia!
Developed by trauma specialist, author and international trainer, Babette Rothschild, this workshop expands on the theory of trauma, address the questions above, and tackle critical and key issues in recovering from trauma. The seminar provides attendees with an expanded mind and body based toolbox for increasing and maintaining stability and determining when or when not to proceed to memory processing.
Attend this workshop and our trainers will provide you with the following key points:
- Take home body-oriented interventions for increasing stability, improving quality of life, and integrating traumatic memory.
- Predict and distinguish clients who will benefit from processing trauma memories from those who will not and gain specific skills for helping all clients whether or not trauma
- Develop your ability to interpret and modulate the body’s nervous system (sensory and autonomic) to better regulate arousal levels in your clients and yourself.
- Adapt mindfulness, yoga, and physical exercise for easier access to clients with PTSD,
- Learn to reduce and stop flashbacks and constructively manage waking from
- Gain tools for protecting yourself from vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue.
Who should attend?
This training is ideal for any helping professionals practicing all types of trauma healing treatments. The theory, tools and techniques presented in this seminar are easily integrated across the widest range of treatment modalities including CBT, EMDR, Somatic Experiencing and more.
Faculty: Babette Rothschild, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.
In 2016 the Centre for Mental Health Education welcomes back Babette Rothschild for a series of one day and intensive training programs. Babette, a psychotherapist since 1976, is a member of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, and the US Association for Body Psychotherapy. Babette is the author of five books including the best selling The Body Remembers: The Psychophysiology of Trauma and Trauma Treatment and 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery. Babette is also the creator and series editor for WW Norton’s popular 8 Keys to Mental Health Series.
2 Day Workshop (9.00am – 4.00pm)